By now we have all heard about the recent widespread ransomware breakout which has affected so many organisations and individuals. There is so much ‘advice’ and recommendations and it can all be a bit confusing!
DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY FREE OFFERS OF SOFTWARE TO SCAN YOUR COMPUTERS FOR INFECTION
The first thing to note is that the potential of being affected by this problem is NOT exclusively directed towards Microsoft Windows XP. All versions of Microsoft Windows have the potential of being subject to this problem. This issue is not a typical virus infection which can be relatively cleaned up or disinfected. This type of problem may not be detected by your anti-virus software, even if is up-to-date.
IF IN DOUBT !
– DON’T CLICK ON THAT LINK IN YOUR EMAIL MESSAGE
– DON’T OPEN THAT EMAIL ATTACHMENT ‘JUST TO HAVE A LOOK!’
– DON’T OPEN THAT EMAIL MESSAGE WHERE YOU DO NOT RECOGNISE THE SENDER
– BE WARY WHEN VISITING A NEW WEBSITE FOR THE FIRST TIME – IS IT GENUINE?
CONTACT US URGENTLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN INFECTED OR IF YOU ARE NOT SURE.
t : +44 (0)20 3286 3549
WHAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS DO!
– ENSURE THAT YOUR SYSTEMS ARE BACKED UP ON A REGULAR BASIS
– KEEP YOUR OPERATING SYSTEMS AND SOFTWARE UP-TO-DATE
– KEEP YOUR ANTI-VIRUS ANTI-MALWARE PROTECTION UP-TO-DATE
– CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS ON A REGULAR BASIS